Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What I'm up to this week





This week, I'm trying to get a good perspective going. I catch glimpses of it now and again: viewing life as more organic than linear, accepting and learning from my mistakes instead of vilifying myself, enjoying my life despite (and sometimes even because of) its imperfections, making goals, establishing values. It's much easier to watch 4 episodes of Lark Rise to Candleford in one sitting and eat 2 big bowls of Fruit Loops (and I've been doing that, too, so don't you worry) but picking myself up off the couch and reminding myself of the things I like in my life is so worth it.

Inertia is such a powerful thing: the longer I sit and mope the more I want to sit and mope. If I can just get myself to start one task, suddenly I'm whistling and cruising around the house getting things done. Enjoying the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment