Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Fresh off the needles: The Elinor Shawl

 

You know what that picture up there means? It means I found my camera, my camera charger, and my camera/computer connection thingy that lets me put the pictures from my camera onto the computer (yeah, that's the technical term) and then got them in the same place at the same time! What up! If you don't think this is going to increase the number of cat pictures on this blog, well, then, clearly we haven't met in real life.

But now is not the time for talk of cats, now is the time for talk of knitting! I designed this shawl for The Mpaeyc Community Silent Auction (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mpaeyc-Community-Silent-Auction/218663641535841) and then executed it over the course of three or four days. I was home sick from work and all I could do was knit, blow my nose, and re-watch the first season of Downton Abbey.

I suffered, I tell you
That was a lot of knitting (the shawl ended up being about 2 1/2 feet wide and 5 feet long) and my thumbs kind of ache. But it was for a good cause and Mr. Bates was there to bring me a tray of food with flowers. Or maybe I took too much allergy medicine. Who's to say.

If you're in the mid-Michigan area, you should think about coming out to the auction. There are some really beautiful pieces and it's for a good cause.



I have a lot of good stuff planned for this weekend and lots more FO's to block and photograph. So be looking for more knitting news, cat pictures, and PBS Masterpiece Classics delirium.

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! i want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay! I can't make you a shawl right now, but the next blog post is for you! (Henry pictures!)

      Delete