Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Monday beloveds (a day late) Halloween style

1. Young Frankenstein

My family quotes movies a lot and this one more than most. We "Put the candle back" accuse each other of being "abby normal" and sing "Puttin' on the Ritz" like monsters. I couldn't love this movie more if I tried.


2. Carving Pumpkins

Last night, my sisters and assorted boyfriends/husbands/babies gathered to carve pumpkins. Last year, my sister was so pregnant she couldn't get up by herself and it took my other sister and I all of our strength to heave-ho her up. This year, we had a little child wandering around the garage in a walker, banging into things and yelling. She reminded me of an angry roomba, or R2D2 malfunctioning or Captain Pike in his little scooty chair but without the disfiguring scars.

For those of you too cool to know what Captain Pike's scooty chair looks like.

I know this comparison is not a new one, but hanging out with toddlers is so much like hanging out with drunk people. Last night I was sitting on the floor eating chili, when my niece, using the couch to steady herself, staggered over to me smiling, grabbed my boobs, smashed my cornbread muffin into a thousand pieces, tripped over my legs and fell into me giggling. Then she puked on my pants. It's a good thing she's darn cute.

Anyway, we all managed to dodge the mad toddler long enough to carve our pumpkins without anyone getting hurt. It was the most fun you could have while sitting on a cold, cement floor in October.


 3) Moonlighting

So this one doesn't have anything to do with Halloween, but I spent all weekend at the Blue Moon Detective Agency and I am smitten! Smitten with young Bruce Willis, smitten with Cybil Shepherd's entire wardrobe, smitten with Ms. Dipesto, the list goes on and on. I don't care how the two lead actors felt/feel about each other in real life and I don't want to know. I just want to sew shoulder pads into all of my shirts and practice using a banana clip while watching this show. And waiting for this guy to show up.




No comments:

Post a Comment