Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hair's my problem

My sister's wedding anniversary was yesterday. Two years of wedded bliss and even a baby for Laura and Aaron! Congratulations!

Two years is also the anniversary of my having long hair. From the time Laura got engaged, I grew my hair out (as bridesmaids seem to do) and shortly after the wedding I chopped it all off. Well, chopped it off to my shoulders. Lately, I've seen a lot of cute hair ideas online for hair longer than mine and it got me to thinking about growing my hair back out again. I've been fantasizing about pig tails, braids, buns, twists, pony tails, and more. My hair is just on the cusp of these possibilities; to really do some fun hair stuff I would need just a little more length. I would need something, maybe, like this:

But then, I watched Bridesmaids and saw Kristen Wiig:

Super cute hair! It's a messy look, which is good because I am not great at hair styling. Also, it's about the length my hair is now, meaning I would just need some layers and a brief tutorial from my hair dresser as opposed to months of hair growing. But there go the fantasies of all that cute hair stuff right onto the salon floor, chopped off before they even got a chance to frustrate me and not work the way I want them to!

I have a hair cut appointment this Friday and I need to decide whether to keep it and add a little Kristen Wiig to what I currently have going on which is this:
I promise to look this sassy no matter what hairstyle I choose.


or cancel it in the name of waiting to go back to something like this:

I'm the girl in the middle. Pay no attention to the beautiful mane of golden locks on Laura's head.


What do I DO?! What DO I do?! Do I:

A. Cancel the appointment and let that hair grow!
B. Keep the appointment learn how to make messy curls look intentional.
C. Shave my head and invest in wigs
D. Hold my sister down, shave her head, and make a wig from her hair

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. I vote for option B. If you are pretty much keeping your current length, but just adding layers, you can get a new style now and then start growing it out.

    p.s. Whenever I get my hair cut (after hesitating about it for a long time), I always end up wishing I had done it sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am torn here! You have awesome hair, and the look you've got going now (supa sassy!) is my favorite of all the ones you pictured. :D But I do dig the other looks, they just look like more work to me, and I'm a very low-maintenance gal. (Like, if I can't just wake up, run a brush through it, and leave the house, it's too much work.) So if it were me, I'd go with option E - keep it as it currently is: FABULOUS! But I have myself oft felt the siren call of change, an if I had a second choice I'd say B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the input! And thanks for the hair compliments, too! I'm leaning toward option B because Daedre's right that I can style it and then start growing it.

    I will say I'm probably the happiest I've ever been with my hair: it looks normal more days than it looks insane and that's pretty much all I can ask for. But yes, Anne, it's that darn siren call of change! I'm keeping the appointment tomorrow and will keep you updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to see what you chose! My vote was also B, but I will say that my mom wore a lot of wigs in the late 60s/early 70s and I'm thinking that we should give wigs a try sometime - not that we need to shave our heads to wear them though!

    ReplyDelete