Monday, September 26, 2011

The Monday Beloveds

Welcome to the first installment of The Monday Beloveds! I've decided to blog every Monday about some stuff I'm in love with. Every week, it seems, I have a new beloved TV show or object or snack or something and I feel the need to share the love with you! I'm making it Monday because I became really irrationally attached to calling the objects of my affections "beloveds," there's no weekday starting in a "b" removing my favorite writing device the illiteration from the title option and today is Monday and I am, as always, eager and excited to get started on this project before I can really think it through! So, on that note, let's jump right in!

The Monday Beloveds!

1) Akeelah and the Bee



I watched this movie for the first time over the weekend and fell in love. I laughed, I cried, I clapped, I cheered all while sitting at home alone and therefore bumping myself one more notch in the, "She's crazy because she lives alone" meter. I highly recommend this movie because I found it inspiring and touching and really triumphant. I've been meaning to watch it for quite some time. I can't really say why I chose this time in my life to check it out from the library. I really have no idea.
Curtis Armstrong is in this movie?! What a strange coincidence!

 2) Essie Nail Polish



I tried it on a whim and it rules. It's pricier than the really cheap stuff I normally buy and worth every penny. It goes on nicely and comes in a large array of fun and unusual colors. I'm completely hooked.

3) Trail Mix



There has never been a more convincing way to eat chocolate as part of a healthy snack. Yum.

4) Artie from Glee

It took me a long time to watch Glee. I know a lot of people like it and a lot of people told me I would like it because of my love for gratuitous displays of singing and dancing. And because I live alone and because I knit a lot and because I like to watch TV while I knit I finally checked out Glee. I have to say, it is the perfect knitting show. You don't have to pay attention because the plot is not complex and not even that important. The songs are fun and can be enjoyed even if you are in the middle of a difficult Celtic cable and you can't really look at the screen. But there is something about Artie's voice and attitude that gets me to look up just about every time he's on screen, dropped stitches be damned.

2 comments:

  1. Trail mix and granola bars...the best way to up your chocolate/peanut butter intake without feeling bad.

    ReplyDelete