Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Sharky Thursday!

I gotta say, I was a little overwhelmed in trying to think what to post for Happy Thursday. It's the second happiest of all Thursdays because it's Shark Week Thursday (the first happiest Thursday of them all is Thanksgiving). AND it's the President's birthday AND it's payday (well, for me its payday, and I hope it is for you as well!)! What's a girl to post about that could possibly encapsulate that much happiness?! Well, here's a whole bunch of happy and shark related stuff that hopefully does the trick. The cat video at the end has nothing to do with sharks, but it's the best thing I've seen all week. The language is EXTREMEMLY foul, so you've been warned. Don't watch it at work and don't watch it if you have delicate sensibilities regarding the f-word.

On to the happy sharkiness:

At my shark week celebration tomorrow, we will be eating:

-Windmill cookies :more for nostalgia reasons as my cousin recently remembered our grandma serving these to us with cranberry juice. But it will be fun pretending to be a shark big enough to eat a windmill.
-cranberry juice: blood red like the blood that attracts sharks! (also, see above for nostalgia).
-Swedish fish: for sharkily obvious reasons.
-Sourpatch kids: for similar, grosser, sharkily obvious reasons.
-chips and salsa: I plan to sing the jaws theme while navigating my dorsal fins (chips) through the ocean (salsa).
-Wine: red, for the same reason as the cranberry juice. (We will hold off until later in the evening to break this out though, I promise)

Some famous sharks here.

Cool shark crafts! And even more!

And now a hilarious cat video:

No comments:

Post a Comment