Thursday, April 3, 2014

Happy Magical Thursday

Hello everybody!

I don't know about you, but Thursdays are magical for me. Not just because the weekend is fast approaching but because I finally start to feel like I'm catching up on my week's to-do list! Thursday is the first day of the week that I work less than three hours at the Reference Desk. I absolutely LOVE working at the Reference Desk because helping people is my favorite part of my job and hearing their questions helps inform how I conceive of our library and how I do all the other parts of my job.

But.

As anyone who works at a Reference Desk will tell you, you do not get a lot done while you're there. Because of that, every week I panic Monday through Wednesday and convince myself I'll never get it all done! But then Thursday comes with its magical one hour of Reference and suddenly I'm cutting through my to-do list and feeling pretty proud of myself. While never ever remembering this basic pattern of my week causes panic (and some concern over my short-term memory) it also makes Thursdays magical!

As I get back to my magical Thursday of Happy Working, I wish you the same and give you the gift of the soundtrack of my morning

1 comment: